The new edition of Late Night Tales journeys to Scandinavia to invite Norwegian duo Röyksopp to delve through their record collection. Their Late Night Tales mix is eclectic, diverse and wonderful. Sliding from light folk to widescreen ambience to experimental rock to prog-pop (seasoned with the occasional guilty pleasure); it’s all in the spirit of the night.
Following the exclusive introduction track, ‘Daddy’s Groove’, Rare Bird’s beautiful 1975 B-side‘Passing Through’ then leads into Australian supergroup, Little River Band. There’s a strong representation of alternative European sounds too – Royksopp unearth the rare and unusual German psych-pop of Richard Schneider Jnr, France’s unique F.R David and the new age melodies of Switzerland’s Andreas Vollenweider.
Royksopp’s exclusive cover of Depeche Mode’s ‘Ice Machine’ and brand new track opening Daddys Groove. The music draws to a close with goth-dream-pop 4AD founders The Mortal Coil cover of Emmylou Harris’ track ‘Till I Can Gain Control Again’.
1. Röyksopp – Daddy’s Groove (Exclusive New Track)
2. Rare Bird – Passing Through
3. Little River Band – Light Of Day
4. Tuxedomoon - In A Manner Of Speaking
5. Vangelis - Blade Runner Blues
6. Röyksopp – Ice Machine (Exclusive Depeche Mode Cover Version)
7. Johann Johannsson – Odi Et Amo
8. F.R.David – Music
9. Prelude – After The Goldrush
10. Richard Schneider Jr – Hello Beach Girls
11. Acker Bilk – Stranger On The Shore
12. Thomas Dolby – Budapest By Blimp
13. Byrne & Barnes - Love You Out Of Your Mind
14. Andreas Vollenweider - Hands And Clouds
15. John Martyn - Small Hours
16. XTC – The Somnabulist
17. This Mortal Coil - 'Til I Gain Control
18. Popol Vuh – Aguirre I Lacrime di Rei